SMPS* invited Baron to sponsor their lunch forum titled “Champagne Marketing on a Beer Budget: Maximizing Your Business Development Dollars” on May 17, where panelists spoke on effective and low-cost methods for promoting your company.
Here are 10 tips we found most helpful to drive your business:
1. Use a unique website design to set the tone for your company stressing on differentiating your company from your competition;
2. Use NSO (natural search optimization) to maximize your site’s placement on search engines;
3. Make every page of your site content rich;
4. Make your website user-friendly and informative;
5. Include partner links on your site for industry info.;
6. Make your literature flexible enough to use the same piece for many purposes (just have stickers made for booth info. for trade shows, etc.);
7. Use creative project/product names and catchy slogans of 7 words or less;
8. Sponsor community events to get press attention;
9. Give more unique corporate/holiday gifts/promotional pieces so they stand out from all the rest; and
10. avoid those attention-grabbing gimmicks that don’t speak to what your company does.
*For more information about SMPS in the Bay Area, click on the following link to view their website: http://www.smpssf.org/